Scalp micropigmentation cost is a pretty individual thing. But even if you reach the highest level of price ranges, it will cost you a lot less than hair transplantation. Scalp micropigmentation, also known as SMP or a hair tattoo, is still the most affordable and easiest way to help men and women all around the world fight low self-esteem caused by balding or thinning hair.
Scalp micropigmentation aka hair tattoo
You probably already heard of it. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine more than half of the men over the age of 50 struggle with partial or complete baldness. Making an impression of a head full of hair by microneedle and ink is a new, revolutionary way to get rid of itchy wigs, toupees, and non-working hair powders. This semi-permanent technique should last up to 7 years depending on how much you treat your tattooed head right. And what's more? It is up to you (and the quality of provided work) what the result will look like!
What is the price?
Regarding this technique is very individual; it is too hard to say the price without a consultation first. But few tips can make you get closer to knowing the sum you can expect.
Prices unwind from:
- Type of the procedure
- Receding hairline – the first stage of baldness with minimal hair loss, we can solve in a minimum number of sessions. Can be also an option for people who struggle with a large forehead or for those who are not happy with the shape of their face.
- Thinning hair – addition of hair density by creating the shade in the client's color's natural hair can make an enormous difference. This treatment takes several hours and over one session.
- Frontal lobes – bald frontal lobes other men primarily. You can blame genetics or you can fix it quickly and painlessly.
- The whole crown – replicating hair follicles on the whole scalp will make you look way younger and with well-provided work, no one will know without you telling them. This option is suitable for young and old who went completely bald for any reason.
- Pigment on the scar (injury, hair transplantation scar) – conceal your scars. It doesn’t cost that much and nobody will ask you again “What happened?”.
- Baldness range
There are several types of scales, for example, one of the most common - The Norwood Scale , which tells you the baldness stage you are in so you can make a better image about a price according to the price list in the company you choose. What stage are you in right now?
- Ink and the artist
Before getting the scalp micropigmentation, be sure to get enough reviews on the particular artist and ink he uses. Substandard inks can be a lot cheaper but do you want to wake up with your head blue? We don’t think so.
- Number of sessions
In most cases, one session is not enough. Imagine every dot where your hair used to be. All of them should be inked. You better be prepared for a 2+1 correction session at least in case of whole crown micropigmentation.
Don’t look for the cheapest deal. We don’t say the most expensive company has to be the best. It doesn’t. But look out for recommendations and before/after photos. Also, solid companies will offer you a FREE consultation.
Is it worth the price?
When the artist is good, when he listens to your wishes and he behaves according to them, it absolutely is. This treatment is the best, cheapest, painless and quickest solution you can get. But you know it already.
Scalp micropigmentation cost depends on so many factors it is almost impossible to tell you the price without a consultation first. But with the hint we gave you, you know better how to read companies´ price lists and what to expect from them.